Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lesson 6 - EBSCOhost

     EBSCOhost is an interesting resource, and one that could certainly come in very handy. I have to admit it does a few drawbacks, but I'm certainly not going to complain about yet another helpful resource to fall back on. I really like how well the visual search organizes everything, though it took me awhile to figure out how it was all laid out. Personally, I like using the visual search, but I think some people with less time to figure it all out might just enjoy the old fashioned search bar better. Either way, the results are the same.
     And then, searching for the colored fairy tales, I tried typing in "fairy tales" (which seemed the easiest way to start the search); right away I found some ebooks by Andrew Lang, under titles like "The Red Fairy Book",  "The Violet Fairy Book", "The Yellow Fairy Book" and so on. So that was pretty simple. I went though the same search using the Visual Search option as well, and found the same results right away.
     This resource seems like it will make handy back up for many research projects; and I'm glad to broaden the scope of possibilities even more when it comes to ways to help people out.

1 comment:

  1. You've hit the nail on the head here, Readers Inc.! It is a handy back up, available 24/7/365. You and other Challenge participants agree that using the search bar is faster, but we wanted you to try out the other option. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete